I feel out of place..

This being off yesterday has my brain confused, but let's be honest- that isn't too hard of a task to do.

With that said, it is Tuesday and I'm going to use it as my recap of my long weekend. 

Friday night I didn't do a whole lot other than hanging at my parents' house with my brother, SIL, and niece.  We ordered pizzed and just relaxed.  After all that, I went home and was in bed sort of early.  

Saturday morning, I woke up and went yard saling with mom.  It was our first weekend to have the van (who is now being called Miss Minnie, for the time being) while out "junkin."  And of course, we found nothing that we needed a van for but I'm sure that will change in a few weeks at Countrywood.  

After all that I went home and cleaned on the house a little bit and then picked up Jenna.  Daddy was competing in a tractor pull in Middleton and since Mom and I have been slack this year about attending, we figured this would be a good one to attend.  (And the fact that it started 6:00 and not in the middle of a hot summer day was a plus!)  So off we went.

Jenna had a ball up there.  She is in this making faces stage and there was plenty of new faces for her to smile and laugh at.  And of course everyone had to come play with her... and ask ME how old she is.  Again, I spent the night explaining she isn't my child... haha.



I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I love that child.  She has been such a blessing to my life the last year.  Growing up and having Kaleb and Kamo I didn't really ever think I would have a niece to dress up and put bows in her hair and all the girly stuff.  I gave up that a long time ago.  So had mom.  But then when Jenna was indeed a girl, our lives changed. 

And I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I love you Jenna bugg! 

Needless to say, once I got home from all that I was in bed and asleep.  Since mom cannot pick up Jenna (from surgery), or hold her at all for that matter, it is just me doing all the "heavy lifting" so she wore me down ha! 

BUT let me add in here that I went to bed after I had one of the funniest text messages ever from Cassie.  But you will have to ask her about that one... LOL.  Cassie, I'm thinking there is you a good blog post.. HAHA!!!!

Sunday morning was church, and then a long day of visiting with family and just cleaning some more on the house.  Knowing that I didn't have to go to work on Monday morning made my Sunday an even better day!   Mom wanted to keep Jenna Sunday night so I spent my night at her house tending to Jenna.  (I know.. she should have just stayed with ME instead.. we work backwards around here, ha!)

Monday I slept in a little bit and then went back to my mom's, picked up Jenna, took her home, dropped mom off, and came back home myself... (Yes, I do a lot of running back and forth between homes).  I had planned on taking a nap, watching some tv, and working on some more sets of coasters for Christmas gifts.  ((Yes, I'm totally already planning Christmas gifts..)) BUT, here is more of what happened: I slept.  I watched Undercover Boss for like 4 hours straight.  I slept.  I ate.  I slept.  I watched American Pickers.  I slept. 

I wasted the day.  And it felt amazing.

And now that brings me to today.. Tuesday.  I have one more work day this week and then I'm headed to Gatlinburg.  Don't worry about it though.  I have some lovely ladies that are going to keep things interesting around here.  You will just have to wait and see what I mean!

So ladies, and gents if you are out there, have an amazing day.  And please say a little prayer for my Roxie girl.  She hasn't felt well all weekend the mommy in me is worried about her a tad.  So please remember my "youngest" child tonight in your prayers!

Toodles!

P.S.- To all you new followers, thank you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)