Bragging on B...

Yes, it is going to be another post bragging on the man...

SO!?!?

Bless his heart.. he was a big sport last night and did a few home projects for me. 

You see... I have a dad and two brothers who are very capable of helping a girl out... but they are also some of the biggest procrastinators I know.  Maybe it's in the Nelms blood and it skipped me..!??! Okay.. I know you are laughing.. I can procrastinate too..

Anyway.. this past weekend I got a new picture frame for Jenna's Christmas picture and one for last year's [insert procrastination example..] Christmas picture of my nephews, Kaleb & Kamo.   Well, I knew it would take an act of Congress to get one of the three down to my house to help me hang them. 

Now, I can do a lot of things myself, but hanging a picture just isn't one of them.  I am terrible at it.  I got a great eye when someone else is doing it, but when it's me.. I can't tell crap.  Soooo.. I did what I had to do... and ask Brian.

His answer: YES..  and he meant it...

......... & I might have went into major shock at getting a YES answer....

So, last night my handy man got his tools out and hung them bad boys up.... and smiled doing so.  I asked him if he was annoyed to be doing it and he said "No babe, I love doing little things like this.."

SCORE!

So... some of you know and some you do not, but my Christmas gift from my parents' this year is a new bathroom vanity.  I have failed to get a Home Tour post up, but just know that I've hated my vanity since the day I moved in.  I painted it to "help it" but I have still always had a hatred for that thing.  The counter was too curved and nothing would sit up there right.  And as I told B, I am a girl.  We have makeup and hair spray that needs to be on that counter and not falling in the sink.  He rolled his eyes, but I know you ladies agree and know exactly what I'm talking about. 

So anyway, my dad and brother installed the new vanity yesterday after I gave them a deadline on when to get it done. But the top counter part was moving around.. !?!? So I told B about it and we made a trip to Lowe's last night and got the stuff to fix it and my sweet man did! :) 

AND... one of the doors on the new vanity was hanging lower than the other side, so he got in the floor with his drill and fixed that up too.

LUCKY. 

To some of you this may sound small, but this gal NEEDS a man like B around.. haha.  I told him I am pulling out my "master list" of what all needs to be done and he smiled.  He just doesn't know I'm serious. ha!!

Anyway... Enough about that.  I know you are sick of hearing about B... even though you might as well close this blog because you will from here on out....ha!

But in OTHER news... today is my oldest nephew's birthday.  14 years old.  And that makes ME feel old.  The night Kaleb was born was one of the best nights of my life.  I looked at that precious baby and fell in love instantly.  And now, 14 years later, he still does me the same way.  He and I have always had a bond that I cannnot explain, but I am SUCH a proud aunt today.  My "baby" is a young man now.  And gorgeous, so if you know any good SINGLE girls.. then tell a sister.  I cannot wait to see what else the future brings for this blessing in my life. 


My gorgeous nephew, Kaleb.

                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALEB! 
You have made my life a better one just by being a part of it!!!

11 comments:

  1. Very good blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring
    writers? I'm planning to start my own site
    soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting
    with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed
    .. Any tips? Thank you!

    my web site: jiu jitsu gi lucky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)