Words.

They can help you.
They can hurt you.
They can bring a smile.
They can cause a tear.

They can strike a nerve.
They can cause a sigh.
They can be uplifting.
They can be degrading.

They can hold a memory.
They can hold a scar.
They can hold a smile.
They can hold a pain.

Words are all around us.  We use them every single day and yet most the time never really think what those words can do to those we love.  What can be just a series of words to us, can be hurtful to others. 

Some of us use words to explain ourselves.  Others use time and space.  Some of us want words to be spoken.  Others yearn for the peace. 

Words can change a whole day, a whole week, a whole month, and a whole life.

Think about when someone told you they wanted to break up.  We've all been there.  We all know the pain that comes from it. 

Think about the joy in hearing someone you love tell you those sweet words back.  We've all been there too.    And that's just three little words.

Three little words.  Yet a huge statement.  

I'm not perfect, and never have claimed to be.  Sometimes I say things that hurt people and sometimes I say things that make a person feel alive.  Today just happens to be a hurtful day.  I've shared words about something with someone I should have just kept to myself.  No, I didn't tell someone's secret or anything like that.  I just used an example to try and explain something about myself and it turned into the wrong move.  The very wrong move.

And that's the funny things about words.  They can change a whole moment, just like that.  

So what do you do?  Do you cry?  Do you get angry?  Do you pretend it didn't happen? Or do you beg for forgiveness?  

I chose to accept that I did wrong and make my apologies.  I chose to be the one at fault because it was my words that did the harm, not their fault for how they came across.  

And now I wait.  To see if this person can forgive me. And maybe help me learn to keep a quiet mouth and stop using so many words..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)