Oh, Martha!

I apologize for the lack of posting lately, but I've had a ton of things going on.  And I'll be on a blogging break on Monday & Tuesday so I wanted to pop in one last time!

So, I mentioned Martha Washington candy the other day in a post and it seems I've struck some interest from a few of you.  So I thought I'd join my mom while she made this magnificent stuff and give you a full lowdown on what's inside these tasty treats!

I think Mom is excited to be in a blog post too, so ya'll be sweeties and show her some love! Hey Mom! :)


Okay, let's get started, shall we? :)


Ingredients:
2 lb. powdered sugar
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups chopped pecans
Semi sweet chocolate squares
3 sticks paraffin wax

Turn paraffin wax and chocolate squares on the stove and let it be melting down.

Mix powdered sugar, Eagle Brand Milk, butter, vanilla, and pecans in a large bowl.
Make sure you get it all mixed in equally.

Roll into balls and lay spaced out on wax paper.

Once your chocolate is ready, take off heat and let it cool.

Use toothpicks to dip balls into chocolate.  

Allow candy to cool.  

Enjoy! :)


4 comments:

  1. Butter, chocolate and nuts. That sounds sinfully good. On my list of things to make this winter. Thanks to your mama for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how am I just seeing this recipe! This looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)