Wednesday in the Word: Worry

200 photo WednesdayintheWordButton_zps24d45ffe.png


Good morning, loves.  I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Jenni, from Frankly, My Dear.  It is so nice to know that there are other Christian women out there who want to show their love for the Lord.  I adore seeing Jenni's posts every Wednesday morning and I always think to myself that I wish I could just remember to get mine written.  Well, guess what? It happened this week and I'm here to share my heart with you. 
 
Worry.
 
This is a word we all know, and all hate.  I'm by nature a worrywart.  Over the years, I've had many friends come to me for advice or just to share their hearts about current issues.  I always do my best to listen and give them good sound advice, or my opinion.  But that's never stopped what happened after our talk.  I began to worry.  I would worry for them, for their heart, for the others (if there were) involved, and what the outcome would ultimately be for the issue.
 
I would take things to heart, sometimes too much to heart.  And that's when I turned to God to give me a solution to still be able to be that kind of friend that someone feels they can come to, but yet I can lean more on His timing and let Him handle the worries, not me.
 
Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
 
This verse is exaclty what I needed in my life.  I needed to hear that is is normal and okay for me to want to carry the wordly worries, but I should not let that remain on my shoulders.  God knows the outcome before I even know the problem.  Stop and think about that for a minute.
 
God knows the OUTCOME before we know the PROBLEM
 
He's a mighty God. 
 
Every day we will find a new "struggle" in life, but we cannot let that take over our hearts.  God wants us to live a good, faithful, spiritual life and help spread His word.  We can't be overcome with the world's problems and slack in our duties to God. 
 
I'm not at all saying this will be easy.  Life isn't easy.  Hard life decisions aren't easy.  But what you can find easy is God's love. 
 
He will provide for you, if you shall let him.
 
So the next time you, or someone else, face a hard time in life just rememeber Matthew 6:34. God WILL be there for you.
 
Happy Wednesday, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Loved this! One of my favorite Bible verses. I'm a total worrier, too and it's something I'm constantly working on (and probably will always have to). Such a good point, though that He always knows the outcome before we know the problem. I'm going to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this verse. My husband tells it to me all the time b/c I am a worrier and fixer. Not a good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes yes !
    "God knows the solution before we know the problem"
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Came over from Oak & Oats:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good truth. I've been dealing with some worry while looking for a new job. Lots and lots of worry, but I do realize God will provide--so why am I worrying!? Thanks for sharing that scripture. I needed that reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)