It's a brand new week and a brand new start!

I woke up to this in my backyard this morning....
I love living in the South.

Good morning lovies! I hope you each had a fantastic weekend!  I know I sure did! :) But as always, it flew by entirely too fast.  I don't really have a lot to tell about it, but I'll bore you with the details anyway.

Don't you love me?

Friday night I went out to Kevin's house (my brother) to see my sweet Jenna bugg.  The dress I had ordered for her birthday party came Friday evening, so I wanted to go hold it against her to make sure all looked okay.  It does! :)  So after staying out there awhile and playing with her, I went back home and really didn't do much of anything besides read. 

BTW- After I finished Folly Beach, I read Nights in Rodanthe, and now I'm finally on Something Borrowed.  So far I'm really liking it, but right now time just isn't on my side for being able to sit down and really get into a book.  Boo. 

Saturday morning I slept in.  And by sleeping in I mean I slept until 8:30.  I was so rested when I got up. It's amazing how much a little sleep can do for you.  Now, I know 8:30 doesn't seem like sleeping in to most, but that for me is a miracle.  I'm always up and doing or going somewhere.  And actually I had planned on getting up to work on the decor for Jenna's party, but my bed just kept on screaming my name.  So it won. 

I did get up and work on the decor though and I must say, it's turning out pretty darn cute!  I will be posting all this in one post.  I don't want it all scattered around.  So be on the look out!! =)

Saturday afternoon my mom and I went to Tupelo to do some shopping.  We made several stops and of course the only one that ended up with anything is Jenna.  I guess you see who rules our lives these days? :) I gotta show you one thing about the party though...

Not sure why it looks red, but its pink!
Now, isn't her little butt gonna be so cute in this?  This is her "smash cake" outfit.  :)  I cannot wait to see what these pictures turn out like!!!

We got her several things for the party, all Minnie Mouse and Dora, of course! :) 

Sunday I was lazy all stinking day.  Literally I laid on the couch and watched tv.  In fact, I watched the entire re-cap of Charles and Diana's wedding.  I have no idea why they were even showing it, but I tuned in.  LOL.  I ended up eating lunch with mom and dad and then I had company last night.  No details yet. :)

And now ladies and gentlemen, I am sitting here sipping on my coffee and planning out my week.  Hope you all have a fantastic day! :)

********
I got this in an email this morning and thought I'd share!  Enjoy!
                                         
 Why  Go To Church

A  Church goer wrote  a letter to the  editor of a  newspaper and complained that it made no sense  to go to church every Sunday.  "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in  that time I have heard something like 3,000  sermons.  But for the life of me, I can't  remember a single one of them..  So, I  think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are  wasting theirs by giving sermons at  all."

This  started a real controversy in the "Letters to  the Editor" column, much to the delight of the  editor.  It went on for weeks until someone  wrote this clincher:

"I've  been married for 30 years now.  In that  time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals.   But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the  entire menu for a single one of those  meals.  But I do know this.. They all  nourished me and gave me the strength I needed  to do my work.  If my wife had not given me  these meals, I would be physically dead  today.  Likewise, if I had not gone to  church for nourishment, I would be spiritually  dead today!"  When you are DOWN to  nothing..... God is UP to something!  Faith  sees the invisible, believes the incredible and  receives the impossible!  Thank God for our  physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciated that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE the story!!! I needed that! can't wait to see the birthday stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)