Watermarking.

None of us think it will happen to us. 

"Not my life..."  "Not my boring pictures.." "Not my life..."

But they do.  And before you know it, and even sometimes you never do know it. 

It's like blog identity theft.  Yep, you heard it.  There are people out there stealing people's pictures, stories, etc. and claiming them as their own.  If that doesn't creep you out, I'm not sure what to make of you and we probably won't be friends anytime soon.  For real.  

So, you might be asking why am I all of a sudden on this topic?  Well, ladies, it's because I post some pictures of my niece on this blog.  As well as pictures of myself, my boyfriend, my friends, my family, my dogs, etc.  But I never really considered that someone somewhere might be stealing those photos.  And luckily, as far as I know, no one has.   But that doesn't mean they wouldn't some day. 

No, my blog isn't popular and I don't even have over 100 readers.  But it just takes one weirdo to steal your photos, and that weirdo probably isn't even "following" you.  They are just a creeper.. waiting to steal another one of YOUR precious memories. 

Are you going to let it happen?

If the answer is no, then I have some advice.  Watermark those photos.  Does it take an extra minute? Yes.  Is it annoying?  Kind of.  But I'd rather know I spent an extra minute on a picture and kept it as mine rather than knowing someone in _____ is using my photo for their blog-type life. 

PicMonkey can become your new best friend.   And don't be worried that you can't figure it out.  It doesn't take a lot of steps.  In fact, one of my fave blogs to read did a tutorial on this topic, and you can find the link to that post of hers right here.  Aly broke down the steps, and even included pictures.. how nice of her!! 

Now, if you have read all the way through this and still don't think you should be doing it.  Then just read this and then tell me if you still think it's pointless.  The beautiful woman behind this blog also gave a tutorial for some other programs to watermark photos.  You can find that post here.

So, before you post that next photo of yourself or someone you love.  Mark it so it can always be yours. 


Keep YOUR photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)