I'm working on another new link-up for myself! This one I seen floating around last month, and wanted to be sure I jumped on this week!
1. When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
-I usually like to grab a good book, and a cup of coffee. I find that when you read, you can "lose yourself" in the characters and escape from reality for a little while. If I don't do that, then I like to dig out old photos and take a walk down memory lane. That (usually!) sparks some good emotions!
2. If you had to live in a different time period, which would you prefer?
-Oh, this is an easy one for me. I'd totally lived in Marilyn Monroe/Kennedy days. The whole story just fascinates me and I would love to have seen the world in the view it was then.
3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?
-Well, unfortunately, I don't have any picture of this (if you search really good on Facebook, there is one somewhere, ha!) , BUT with what I answered for #2- one year I was Marilyn Monroe. Side note: It was a horrible Halloween for me. I had a cyst that needed to be removed ASAP and I was on high dosage of pain pills and instructed to not even be operating a vehicle. BUT Halloween is my favorite holiday and I had been way too excited about that costume, so I went to a party anyway. And yes, I lasted about 30 minutes and came home and about died of pain. But was it worth it? Totally.
4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
1. I cannot stand the feeling on my hands after I do laundry. I think it's the mix of the detergent/fabric softener. I don't know, but I am OCD about it and have to wash my hands after- every.single.time.
2. I cannot get up out of bed without putting lotion back on before I get back in the covers. Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night and reapply lotion. #truestory
3. When I was a kid, I had a whole collection of match box cars. Yes, the boy toys. I freaking loved them. And I even got into a physical fight over my cousin stealing one of "mine" one day.
4. You will never catch me without my toenails painted. I think un-painted nails are seriously sickening. #vomit
5. I do NOT like typical girl things. I'm not into the "girly" stuff. I don't like fruity drinks, lots of jewelry, or big shopping sprees. I've always been raised with the guys and I think that rubbed off on me. I'd rather watch a game than a dance competition. I'd rather sit outside and watch a campfire than shop. I'm just me.
5. What would you tell your 16-year old self?
-That you are about to enter the hardest years of your life. You will be lied to, back stabbed, betrayed, and hurt. But don't let it get you down. Hold your head high and never ever let those who hurt you see you cry. You wake up each day knowing that God is putting you through whatever trials He sees to make you a better person on the other side. Never give up on dreams. And never ever give up on love. It IS coming and it WILL find you. Even if you are many years past 16.