Getting to Know You [MSWB]

Mississippi Women Bloggers

It's here!  MSWB's first ever link-up!  We are so grateful for the turnout that we have had in our first couple months after launch.  If you haven't heard of MSWB yet, then please see my previous post here and here about joining in and finding some new friends.  And if you know of a fellow MS Blogger who would be interested, please pass along the word!

The Questions:

1.What part of Mississippi are you from? Born and raised in Corinth, MS.  I briefly lived in Booneville, MS and Oxford, MS during my college years.  I returned back to my hometown in 2008 and bought my very first house. 


2.How long have you been blogging?

I wrote my first blog on July 15, 2009.  However, I took a few breaks before I finally got into the swing of things.  I had to find "me" in the blogging world I guess you could say.


3.Why did you start blogging?

My friend Cassie and I had been talking about blogging.  She had started one herself and so I wanted to do the same.  At first it was just for fun, but then it turned into a way I can keep track of all life's events!


4.Tell us what we can expect when reading your blog.

When you visit my blog, you will find a complete mixture.  I'm currently in the process of planning a wedding (10-12-13!) so you will find lots of wedding talk.  You can also find home projects, a receipe here and here, and lots of just daily laughs. :)


5.What does your blog title means?

Just simply means keeping up with yours truly.  And yes, it's a spin off of Keeping Up With the Kardashians!


6.What do you love about being part of Mississippi Women Bloggers?

I love all of it, but specifically I love that I'm finding new MS ladies that otherwise I would never known about.  I'm also really excited about seeing all the wonderful receipes that have been appearing on Foodie Fridays!


7.Who inspires you to blog?

My family/friends.  I know over the last year more of my "real life" friends have began reading my blog and I'm thankful for that.  It gives me an outlet to keep what's going on in my life current.  I've been stopped many times in public and asked things about posts he/she has read on the blog.   It's a nice outlet and fulfilling to know people like to visit and read my little space of the internet. :)


8.If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be? 

Hands down, My Surprise Proposal.  That moment changed my life, and turned the direction of my blog.   ((Be sure and check out the Mr. & Mrs. tab on my page to find more wedding information!))


9.Do your real life friends know you blog? How do they respond?

Yes, most know.  They have all been very supportive and comment how they love to read the posts and see what's going on in my life. 


10.What is your blogging routine (if you have one)?

Lately, I used to be so much more organized with my blogging, but recently I have fell off my routine. 

So, now, my "routine" consists of:

Sundays- I catch up on all blogs that I read from the weekend and I try to get Sunday-Wednesday of my own posts typed and scheduled. 

Wednesday- I catch up on blogs I've missed early in the week and schedule Thursday and Friday.  I don't usually post on Saturdays.  I consider having the blog almost like having a job or any other responsibility and I want a "day off" to myself.  We as bloggers should always remember, if we don't take time out to LIVE life then we will not have any material to write about.  It's as simple as that for me and my blogging routine.


11.We all love social media! Are there any social media links you would like to share so we can follow you?

It's no shocker that to really grow your blog in the blogging community, then the help of social media is neccesary.  It's a great tool to boost your page, find new followers, find new faces to follow, and boost YOU.  We all love seeing our follower numbers rise and strive to be the best writer we can so we can keep these people around.  I focus my social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.  I also co-pilot the MSWB Facebook and head up with MSWB IG! Be sure to follow me and the MSWB social media!


12.Name 3 bloggers who have not joined Mississippi Women Bloggers that you would like to see join us!


I don't have anyone that I know of that isn't already a member, but I'm hoping YOU do! :) Spread the word!!!



Rules:

1.Write a post answering the above questions, and post it next Thursday, August 1.

2.Grab the button code, and add it to your post.

3.Come back to us to link up said post.

4.Grab a big glass of sweet tea, and meet the ladies ’round our Mississippi Women Bloggers table!
We can't wait to hear from you! :) Happy Blogging!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and for all your do for us bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your up-coming wedding! How exciting! Can't wait to read more updates about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful for what you are doing at MSWB! It's definitely changing the way I blog (for the better) and providing such a great, warm community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! MSWB is fantastic! And Hotty Toddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi!
    loved getting to know you better!
    enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)