#NamesOfGod2014 Volume 2

I am so happy to be back today with volume 2 of #NamesOfGod2014.  If you missed my post #NamesOfGod Vol.1 then you can find that as well.  
 
Again, I want to say thank you to Rachel and Nicole for hosting this Bible study.  I love that I have found a good group of friends via blogland to share my love for the Lord.  I love what this study is showing to all of us, even if those things be very different.   That's what is awesome about God. He shows you what He knows YOU need to see, not what everyone else thinks you should.
I'm picking up at Days 5-10 today.
 
First let's dig in with the name El Elyon.  This is the name that designates God as the sovereign ruler of the universe.  I love this name.  I love knowing that our God is the ultimate ruler, protector, etc.  God is our ruler from generation to generation.  He wasn't just around while our grandparents' and parents were growing up.  He is still here today with us, and will be there for our children's lives.  He is there, all the time. Doesn't that give you a sense of peace?
 
In Isaiah 46: 9-11 God encourages us to forget all those things of our past.  We need to let go of them and stop letting them have control over our lives.  It's only God who can control us.  It's all through Him. I can speak from personal experience and tell you that I'm thankful for a forgiving, loving. non-judgmental God.
 
As we move on into chapter four, we are introduced to another name of God.  El Roi is the God who sees.  Life will not always be perfect.  We will get hurt, angry, sad.  We will feel betrayed and wonder why God would allow bad things to happen to us.  We may even feel like God isn't listening or watching out for us.  El Roi is the proof that He does listen, He does see.  God never turned his head on us, even if we feel He has.
 
I love knowing God sees.  Don't you?
 
I understand finding it hard to trust, but with God, it's secure.
 
What did you learn? I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)