#NamesOfGod2014 Volume V

Recap: Vol I, II, III, IV.

Chapter 10 Pausing For A Moment - Chapter 12 The Lord Who Sanctifies You

I love how in the opening of this chapter, she states how she simply reacts to situations rather than truly listening and relying on God.  We all do this and we all need to strive to fix this.

Now, I'm not going to lie to you.  Marking the words in this exercise was challenging for me.  I really don't grasp things or ideas that way.  It's just not in how I learn.  So this section really didn't help me. I can see the reasoning behind it and hope that you (who do like it!) found it beneficial. 

Here we are introduced to another name, Jehovah-nissi, meaning "The Lord is My Banner."

I want my banner to wave high and proud.  On judgment day, I want My Banner to show my obedience to Lord.  I love how it says "You are not alone on that battlefield; look to the Lord your banner." 

Isn't it nice to know He has us and comforts us when we most need it?!

Jehovah-mekoddishkem is the next name given to us.  This means the Lord sanctifies you. 

What did you think of this week's studies?

**Also, I want to bring your attention to something.  I know most of you have heard of The Unveiled Wife.  Well, I was chosen as one of the bloggers to participate in doing her 30 day devotional study.  I am starting it today and would love to have some of you do it with me as well, if you would like. 


unveiledwife.com Wife After GodI am hoping this will provide a new outlook on my marriage with Brian.  We are still newlyweds, but I know some days I could do more as his wife to support him.  I am ready to God to show me something in this study.  I'm eager to learn.

I will be posting my final review on September 1, 2014.


Let's let God control our lives and marriages. 

1 comment:

  1. ok.. I have been wanting to do this devotional forever but I get sidetracked after a few days. I would love to do with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)