Tuesday Tidbits!

I've been busy reading so many blogs today I almost forgot to post my own... Now that is sad.

So, as I said I was going to watch the new show, Vanished, on Lifetime last night.  I did, and I cried. 
The first segment of the show was about the horrific disappearance and murder of Jessica Lundsford.

This precious child was living next door to a sex offender and her family was unaware.  The sex offender, John Couey, did not have his current residence registered.  He walked to the home of Jessica and lured her from her bedroom in the middle of the night.  He took her to his home, raped her, and ultimately "snapped" and buried the child under his front porch in a plastic bag.  Jessica was alive when he buried her, so yes, she suffered.

Since Jessica's death, her father, Mark, has worked to pass Jessica's law in more than half of our states.  It is such a great thing and I strongly believe his little girl is providing his drive to keep on with his struggles to have each and every state pass this law.

There was also another story on there about a woman in her 20's (I think) vanishing from her home.  Her car was there, her cell phone was there, her house was untouced; however, her wallet and her body were gone.   She is still missing to this day.  

I admit it freaked me out a little since I live by myself.  I got up and went and made sure my doors were all locked, and if you know me you KNOW how hard that is for me to do.  I just feel safe where I live, but I know that nowhere is safe anymore.

Anyway, I loved the show and I will be tuning in every Monday night for sure!  I recommend it if you like that sort of show!

In other news, not much else to tell on the homefront for myself, sooo.. I'll leave it with this:


Now, tell me you didn't smile?

Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning - one that leads you toward becoming the fullest human being you can be. -Oprah Winfrey

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)