Friend Request

Rewind to September 7, 2011. 

I was packing my bags to leave early in the morning for a trip to Gatlinburg when I heard my phone beep.  A friend request from Facebook. 

And in one beep my life changed.  The man I was destined to be with had made the first move.  I accepted the friend request, not knowing him, and going against all my usual tactics.  But it paid off. 

September 7, 2012 and I still am so thankful for that night and that friend request.  Instead of packing for a vacation to Gatlinburg, I'm busy daydreaming about our future honeymoon we will take there. 

Life can be so cruel at times, but also SO rewarding.  And God sure knew what He was doing when he allowed B and I to cross paths in this chaotic life. 

There hasn't been a day since that I haven't thought about this man, or dreamed about the next time I'd get to see him.  I love the way he is, the person he was, and the person who as a couple we will become.  He is the greatest gift and precious part of my life. 

B,  baby I love you with all of my heart and soul and cannot wait for 10 more days to come and I can get to say I've had you officially a year in my life.  But it's only the first year to many, many more to come.

“Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)