It's Getting Deep... about me.


Today I'm going to jump on board with Erin at Living in Yellow and answer some of those "tough questions!"

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?
I know I can't change how and when things happened because God has complete control of that, but if it was on my plate- I would have met B sooner.  We are both the people we are because of the things we went through before knowing each other, but I would love to think back on a life of getting to spend more time "growing up" with him. 

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Whew, this is a hard one.  I would like to think that in five years that B and I are living what we consider our "dream life."  And that's not meant to be a mansion with expensive cars, etc.  Our dream life is having a good stable home for whatever kids we might or might not have by then.  It's being more in love then than we are now.  It's doing the right thing by people and living each day to the best of our abilities as husband/wife and father/mother.  Simply put- Living the good life.

3. Do you honestly want kids?
Easy one for me.  Absolutely.   B and I have "the kid talk" a lot actually and he knows I would love to be a mother to his future children.  But right now isn't the best timing for us.  We are still a few months away from our wedding, and then would love to be just a married couple for a little while.  We met late in life and didn't get to experience a lot of "dating time" for just the two of us, so we need some more of that for our foundation.  I don't want us to rush into parenting without a strong hold on husband and wife first.   So, yes, we both want a child.  But he/she is not in our immediate timeline. 

4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?
This is going to sound so cheesy, but I'm saying it anyway.  The moment B proposed to me. 

For all purposes, I have given up on love.  I looked around and saw all my friends getting married, having children, or pursuing awesome degrees with great jobs.  I was not doing any of those things and I felt like life was beating me.  I had tried to date a few people, but they all ended badly and were terrible fits for my and my life. 

And then I met B.  It changed my entire life.  I don't even believe I'm exaggerating when I say it changed my family and close friends lives.  I suddenly felt alive again.  And I knew this man was special.  And meant for me.

So the day he proposed, it lifted every single fear of my past.  I immediately went into crying and didn't stop for a long time.  That was years of built up hurt/anger/sadness/frustration/fear that was suddenly flowing away from me as I looked at this shiny diamond on my hand.  In one bow of his knee, and realization on my part- life was changed.  And in just over five months I will become his wife.  The emotions I expect to feel on that day, are beyond my mind to even think about. 

5. What is your life theme song?
There is no way I can possibly choose ONE song for my life.  I think every day I'm a new person, so it would be changing daily.

6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?
Finish my degree.  I know that sounds simple.  But it's something that bothers me a lot that I never did and I should have.  At the time, I moved home from college with intentions of finishing locally. But then I bought a house, started remodeling it, etc.  There were always excuses to "put school off" and honestly, I was sick of it. I had been going for 16 years straight.  I needed a break. 

But now it's on my mind.  And I'm actually looking into doing it...

7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?
My nature.  I love to help people.  I would rather give than receive any day of the week.  I would love for people to hear my name and remember what I did for others to better their lives, not my own.

8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be?
Turn in my notice at work, go pick up B, and travel the world with him.  I would love to see other cultures, and I'd love to have my man with me during that journey. 

9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life?
Home ownership.  It is really great to own your own home.  It gives you SUCH a great feeling of accomplishing one of those "life's notches" on your belt.  But at the same time it is so stressful.  And I've been doing it for almost five years now.  Luckily, I have a wonderful father and brothers who I have been able to call to help with things out of my comfort zone.  But it's hard to try and make an entire household work and function properly by yourself with a very limited income.  I look back on some days and have no idea how I do it, but I'm proud I have.  My house will be paid for when I'm 39 years old.  Now that is what drives me to keep going. :)

10. Summarize yourself in one word.
Blessed.





3 comments:

  1. This was an amazing post, Kayla! And I loved reading all of it. I sooo wish we lived closer, so that we could meet in person! I just know we would be such great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! That's SO sweet about your proposal and I can so relate. When you find the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with, all the crap before that makes sense.

    You're such a doll and you can do anything you put your mind to! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! ^^what Samantha said! It's almost better to go through stuff so that when you meet the right one, you appreciate them SO much more! Glad you found your happiness! Can't wait to get to know you better!
    ♥Chania (blog little)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your support! I love receiving comments. I try my best to read and respond to every one of them! Please don't be a no-reply blogger (make sure your email is on your Blogger profile) so I can get back in touch with you! Have a great day! :)